Today I got my first blog award from Fort Living Room . I appreciate it, since I have a tendency to say what whatever pops into my head. So thank you Fort Living Room . The rules are: 1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award to you 2. Share 7 things about yourself 3. Send it along to 15 other bloggers and let them know you have awarded them! 7 things you might or might not know about me: 1. I have a degree in social work. 2. I have a himalayan cat named Sassy. 3. I have a touch of ocd. 4. I can be very impatient at times. 5. There's a 19 yr. age age between me and my husband. 6. I like kool-aid. 7. I don't like needles. Now for the best part. The 15 blogs I'm awarding. Some of these have received this before, probably even from the person who I received it from but still: 1. hold my hand : a social worker's blog 2. A Side of Sanity 3. Another cookie, please! 4. Dad's dementia decline 5. Busy Mom's Tips 6. a spicy boy, a cat, and my...
While outside with his brother and younger sister at night fourteen year old Jacob sees a hulking shadow in the forest and then suddenly Jacob and Matt hear their young sister screaming from the backyard. When they go to investigate they find wolves standing over her. As Matt, the older brother takes Amberly inside the wolves lunge for Jacob. As Jacob runs into the familiar forest he suddenly comes upon a part of it he's never seen. Is he still in the forest he knows or has Jacob stumbled into a whole other world? This young adult novel is also well suited for adult reading... it takes the reader on an adventure of good versus evil and quite an adventure it is. From the first few pages, I didn't feel like I was reading the book I felt like I WAS a character in the book. And what interesting, engaging characters they are. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and look forward to reading more of Andrea's works. Rating: 4 stars And you dear readers have a chance to win your very...
Publisher: Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group ( July 2, 2013) Get it here: amazon b&n Add it on goodreads 384 pages * I received an arc from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Synopsis: Inspector Harry Hole of the Oslo Crime Squad is dispatched to Sydney to observe a murder case. Harry is free to offer assistance, but he has firm instructions to stay out of trouble. The victim is a twenty-three year old Norwegian woman who is a minor celebrity back home. Never one to sit on the sidelines, Harry befriends one of the lead detectives, and one of the witnesses, as he is drawn deeper into the case. Together, they discover that this is only the latest in a string of unsolved murders, and the pattern points toward a psychopath working his way across the country. As they circle closer and closer to the killer, Harry begins to fear that no one is safe, least of all those investigating the case. My Thoughts: Tall, ...
Ha, I bet that made your grandfather feel sexy ;).
ReplyDeletei'm sure it did
ReplyDeleteThere are so many different monkeys on the planet, so I suppose you must have chosen the one that resembles your grandfather the most :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow. I'm following you back.