Spending Time With An Old Friend

I love to read, I read anything. I've been known to read TV Guide when there's nothing else handy. But what I love to read the most is mysteries. I like escaping into a world of murder and mayhem. Thankfully I had family members and teachers who encouraged my love of reading.

One of those first people to encourage me to read was my mother- she would talk of reading Nancy Drew when she was a child. That got me intrigued so when I was a curious 7 year old I visited my school library and checked out some Nancy Drew books. From then on I was hooked on mysteries and I've been reading them now for over 30 yrs. and it's all thanks to my mother.And yes I still read Nancy Drew.

My Mom
What were your favorite books to read as a child?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Love

Liebster Blog Award

A Review ( And Giveaway, Too) of Gaijin Cowgirl by Jame DiBiasio