Hold On Loosely, But Don't Let Go

Yesterday I was sitting on the front porch thinking DEEP THOUGHTS, pondering which nail polish complments my skin tone best when all of  sudden my Mom shouted,
" LISA!"
"What?", I asked.
"Come here."
"Where you at?"
" In here, I'm stuck."
"Huh?"
" I got over here and I can't move my foot."
" Ok, I've got you. Try to move your leg."
" I can't, I'm afraid I'll fall."
" I won't let you, I have a good grip on you."
This is where Dad comes in and takes her arm.
"Don't pull me"., she said.
" He's not", I told her. " He just holding you. Can you move your foot?"
"No."
" I'm going to try to move it for you."
"NO! I might fall on my face."
" I've got you."
" Here, let me grab hold of your pants", she told Dad.
" No, you'll pull down my britches."
" No, we don't want that.", I exclaimed.
" I can't move cause all the shoes are in the way."
"Ok, I'll kick them out of the way and try to move your leg back."
" Just move it the hell out of the way and I can."
" Um, ok."

So I moved it the hell out the way and she finally got unstuck.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospital Stay

Book Review of Obama's Odyssey

The Holy Grail of Hardware Stores