My Husband Was A Middle Aged Zombie

As I've written before my husband had a light heart attack a few months ago and for a while I watched him breathe constantly when he was asleep. I still do it at times but it's settled down a lot.

But a few nights ago we were in bed and I noticed he was cold and not moving and I couldn't hear him breathe, so I poked him...


" Did you feel me poking you early this morning?", I asked the Husband.
 " No, why'd you poke me?"
" I couldn't hear you breathing and you were cold, so I poked you to make sure you were alive.", I said.
" Was I? Did I move?"
" Yes, you were breathing but the first time I poked you, you didn't move so I poked you again."
" You know what to do from reading all those mystery novels, don't you?"

 " Yes."
" Maybe I'm a zombie."
" Maybe you are."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Love

Liebster Blog Award

A Review ( And Giveaway, Too) of Gaijin Cowgirl by Jame DiBiasio